Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie

A couple of weeks ago I went to a friend's house for dinner. My job was to bring dessert.  Back in April when I was visiting the ParentalUnits Mom had made a peanut butter pie that was fantastic.  I didn't have the recipe, but I figured the Internet would.

I am not sure if this is the exact recipe, but it was close enough.  Super easy and SUPER delicious.  I think it'd be relatively easy to lighten up too. Use light cream cheese and light cool whip.  I chose to not add the sugar into the recipe. I figured it was sweet enough and I'm glad I didn't.

I did add chopped peanut to the topping too.

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie
Makes 1 pie

  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
  • 2 c thawed Cool Whip
  • 1 OREO pie crust (6oz)
  • 1/4 c Hot fudge topping, warmed
 
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP.

SPOON into crust. Drizzle with fudge topping; swirl gently with knife. REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm.

No comments: