Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nutella Fudge

It shouldn't be surprising to anyone who reads this blog that I made Nutella fudge this year. Nutella seems to be my flavor of choice for the last several months.  It's delicious. 

The work team went to lunch on Friday and we had a little cup of goodness, Nutella and espresso.  Oh my goodness it was good.  So that got me thinking I needed to make some Nutella fudge. 

Which turned out more like a big brick of Nutella and hazelnuts.  It was rock hard! I have no idea what, exactly, went wrong with it.  I'm determined to make this fudge correctly. I'm sure it will be good. The brick was good, just more like hard candy.  And yes, I used a candy thermometer and yes, I boiled the sugar etc to soft ball.  That was my first thought was maybe I cooked it too long. 

Anyhow, here's the recipe. Enjoy! And good luck. If you make it, can you let me know if it turns out okay?

Nutella Fudge

  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 stick real butter
  • 5 oz. can evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 13 oz. jar of Nutella Chocolate hazelnut spread
  • 2- 1.55 oz. Hershey's milk chocolate bars, broken
  • 1 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts (pecans or walnuts may be substituted)

Take a9" x 9" pan, lined with parchment paper (you can use foil and butter if you want)

Combine sugar, butter, salt, and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for about 4 or 5 minutes or until candy reaches 240 degrees F.

Remove from heat. Stir in broken chocolate, Nutella Spread, and chopped toasted nuts. Stir for a couple minutes until the candy is smooth and creamy.

Spread in prepared 9" x 9" pan. Cool and cut into 1" squares.

Note: If you read the recipe correctly you'll see the ingredients calls for vanilla - yet the directions don't.  I put the vanilla in when I put in the Nutella chocolate and nuts.

Good luck!

No comments: