Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lime Marinated Flank Steak

I find it highly unlikely that I've not tried new recipes for over a month.  Then again, November went by so quickly I could barely tell you what, if anything, I did.  So if I remember any  new recipes I made in November I'll publish them.

Let's just pretend we're starting a new month with new recipes, shall we?

I've tried a lot of "lime-marinated" type marinades and they all taste about the same to me. I'm in search of a marinade that truly has a significant flavor of lime.  This one does, slightly, but not enough lime for this lime lover.

Still, you should try it. It's super easy and flank steak takes well to this type of marinade.  And yes, I fired up the grill in December. I will never understand people who think there is a "grilling season." Year round baby!

Lime Marinated Flank Steak
Recipe from Everyday Food
Serves 4
  • 1/3 cup (about 4 limes) freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 scallions (about 1/3 cup), thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
  • Vegetable oil, for grates
  • Coarse salt and ground black pepper
1.In a resealable plastic bag, combine lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and red-pepper flakes. Add steak, and seal bag (place in a dish to catch any leaks); marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 1 hour.

2.Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off (discard marinade); season with salt and black pepper. Place on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat reaches desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.

No comments: