Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pork Stroganoff

I'm a HUGE fan of stroganoff.  And by HUGE I mean a weigh a ton...okay not quite a ton, but let's just say stroganoff helps me keep my girlish figure.

I am not usually a fan of pork.  Or maybe it's better to say that pork is not a fan of my system.  Still I decided maybe it's time to give it a try again.  And what better way to welcome pork back into my life other than with stroganoff.

Now if you're a reader of this blog...all 2 of you...you may know I have a Kickass Stroganoff recipe.  I don't mess with that perfection.  This recipe...well it's not perfection but it's good.  I only made one small adjustment to it and that is I added sliced mushrooms.  How can you have a stroganoff without mushrooms?  Well that and I had some that needed to be used.

Pork Stroganoff
Serves 4

  • 8 oz dry egg noodles
  • 2 T Extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups thinly sliced onion
  • 1 lb boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into strips
  • 2 T paprika
  • 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook noodles according to the package; drain and set aside.

Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion (this is where I added the mushrooms too) and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.  Add pork and cook until browned all over; 3-5 minutes. Stir in paprika; cook 1 minute, then add broth.

Bring to a boil; simmer to reduce liquid, about 5 minutes.  (This is where I got impatient and I added a bit of cornstarch and water).

Remove stroganoff from the heat and stir in sour cream and parsley.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Serve stroganoff over cooked noodles.  Or, do as I do and mix the entire thing together before serving.

No comments: