Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thai Style Chicken Stir-Fry

This is a recipe from last week. I got a bit behind on my recipe blog. Not that anyone reads it? Is anyone reading this?

In a spur of the moment decision, I had my boss who was here from the UK, over for dinner and made this for her. I had to change it up some because of the ingredients I had on hand but it was quite good. I'd make it again if I ever get around to making a recipe a second time.

Thai Style Chicken Stir Fry
Serves: 4

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Bottled minced fresh ginger
  • 3 tablespoons Fresh lime juice, divided
  • 1 pound Skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 tablespoon Canola oil
  • 2 cups Zucchini, sliced ( added asparagus too since it was on hand)
  • 1 cup Onion, sliced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 Jalapenos, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 cup Cilantro, minced
  • 1/4 cup Sliced fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup Chopped green onion

Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, fresh ginger, 1 1/2 T lime juice in a ziploc bag. Add chicken; seal and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Remove chicken; reserving marinade.

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir fry for 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Add zucchini, onions, garlic and jalapeno. Stir fry 5 minutes or until chicken is done.

Add reserved marinade and cook 1 minute - make sure it boils for a minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining lime juice, basil, cilantro and green onions.

No comments: