Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stewed Beef with Rice

So this one I'm not so sure about. I think I may have to do it again and not use so much tomato sauce. Actually I didn't use any tomato sauce, all I had on hand was pureed tomatoes. Which, I think made it too tomato-EE. If you know what I mean...

Stewed Beef with Rice
Serves 2
  • 1 small Onion, chopped
  • 1 clove Garlic, minced
  • 1 T Olive oil
  • 1 Beef flank steak (3/4 lb), cut into small pieces
  • 2/3 c Tomato sauce
  • 2 tsp Red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp Dried oregano
  • 2 T Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives
  • 2 c Hot cooked rice

In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add beef; sauté 2-3 minutes longer.

Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in olives. Serve with rice.

No comments: