Thursday, June 29, 2023

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce (90 of 150)

Photo from
Love Bakes Good Cakes
You know I love a good Bolognese. I mean what's not to like? Meat, tomato, cream. Yum. A good Bolognese cooks all day in my opinion. My go to Bolognese is from Tyler Florence and it's what I make when I want Bolognese. 

But on occasion I don't want to deal with the Bolognese recipe. But I still want a hearty meat sauce. I've made another crock pot spaghetti sauce that was amazing. It's my go to when I don't want to watch a pot all day. 

This recipe was delicious too. It was so simple to throw together and let it sit all day. By 1pm this house smelled amazing. Pantry Goat was over for dinner and I figured this is a great recipe to send her home with leftovers. She does love my leftovers. 

This is also a great recipe to clean out your pantry with. I think most of us have diced tomatoes and other canned tomatoes in our pantry. I only had to buy spaghetti to make this meal. 

It's a simple recipe that requires no fuss. Make it. You'll be glad you did. 


Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Recipe from Love Bakes Good Cakes

Serves 6 (really I think it could serve 8 easily)
  • 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes or Italian tomatoes
  • 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 T dried basil
  • 1 T dried oregano
  • 1 T Italian seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lb of spaghetti or any other pasta

Cook ground beef in skillet until almost done. Add onions and cook completely until beef is done and onions are soft.

Add the beef mixture to the slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

Serve immediately with cooked pasta of your choice.

Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

No comments: