Sunday, February 27, 2022

Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups (Recipe 25 of 150)

Last night I hit 1/7th of my goal. I hit recipe #25. I made these scrumptious little gems for the Niece's
birthday. 

Photo from Lemon
Tree Dwelling
This recipe screams to be doubled. Wonton wrappers come in packages more than 12 and cream cheese comes in an 8oz packet. So I doubled this recipe. 

The only negative is the wonton bottoms weren't crunchy. I can't explain them really other than it was more doughy than crunchy. Still delicious. Hindsight, I'd totally make a closed wonton and deep fry these bad boys. 

I only used one jalapeno because I knew we had a non spicy person coming. Personally, I'd add another for spicy, but one gave it good flavor without the heat.

Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
Recipe from Lemontreedwelling.com

Serves 12
  • 12 wonton wrappers
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 12 oz. bacon, cooked & crumbled (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
  • 1 c shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 2 Tbsp.
  • 3-4 jalapeƱos, seeded and chopped (for more spice, do not remove all the seeds)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Remove from oven and cool slightly.

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeƱos.

Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.

Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.

No comments: