Sunday, November 14, 2021

Jalapeno Popper Spread (Recipe 149 of 125)

Its Sunday dinner night and it's being hosted by the Bader's. They're doing carnitas and we are all bringing something to accompany it. I'm bringing an appetizer, Mexican rice and a dessert. 

The appetizer was this Jalapeno Popper Spread. I changed it up every so slightly because I knew I'd have one person who doesn't do spice. 

I didn't use the pickled jalapenos, instead just chopped up a seeded and deveined jalapeno in to very small pieces. I used 1 small can of green chilis (Mild) with their juice. 

Still this needed something else. So I put in about a tsp of garlic powder and garlic salt. That did the trick.

I also didn't bake this. I knew I wouldn't have an oven at the Bader's house available, so I decided to just serve it cold. And it was great. 


Jalapeno Popper Spread
Recipe from Keyingredient.com
Serves 16
  • 2 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 c canned chopped green chilies
  • 1/4 c canned jalapeno peppers, diced
  • 1 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 c panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
  • Sweet red and yellow pepper pieces and corn chips

In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended; spread into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serve with peppers and chips.

No comments: