Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Garlic Beef and Broccoli Noodles (Recipe 147 of 125)

Beef and broccoli is one of my favorite foods. The saucy sauce with the pan seared beef and yummy broccoli. It really is good. I've struggled with finding a recipe that I like as much as when you order it out. Tonight I found that recipe.

This isn't a traditional beef and broccoli because it has the noodle element. I couldn't find rice noodles so I used regular pasta. When I make this again, I'll just stick to rice (or cauliflower rice). 

But the sauce is what made this recipe. I used low sodium soy and hoisin together make such a great sweet/savory combo. I cut the soy with water because it tends to get too salty for me. So I used 1/4 c water and 1/4c soy.  I also only used half the brown sugar (and the low carb version). Anyhow, it all came together in a wonderfully magical sauce. 

Garlic Beef and Broccoli Noodles
Therecipecritic.com

Serves 4

  • 8 ounces wide rice noodles
  • 3 c broccoli florets
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 8 ounce flank steak, sliced against the grain
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 8 ounce mushrooms, sliced
  • ¼ c packed brown sugar
  • ½ c reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 T hoisin sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli.

While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Cook the steak until no longer pink. Add the garlic, and mushrooms and cook for a minute more.

In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, pepper and cornstarch.

And the noodles to the skillet and pour the sauce on top and toss until incorporated.

No comments: