Saturday, February 20, 2021

Bangin Good Shrimp (Recipe 28 of 125)

Photo from SkinnyTaste
Back when we went into the office, a couple of friends of mine and I would frequent Bone Fish Grill for lunch or for happy hour. They have this amazing Bang Bang Shrimp as an appetizer. I've been craving it and not in a good way. 

I decided to search through my recipes to see if I had anything similar and sure enough Bangin' Good Shrimp seemed pretty close. The flavors are the same. The biggest difference is these aren't deep fried covered in batter. 

These were tasty. The only mistake I made was I over cooked the shrimp. Which I'm not surprised about, I do that on a regular basis. Those little buggers cook so quickly. 


Bangin Good Shrimp
Recipe from SkinnyTaste
Serves: 4

  • 5 T light mayonnaise
  • 3 T Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 1 tsp Sriracha (to taste)

For the Shrimp:
  • 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp canola oil
  • 3 c shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1 c shredded purple cabbage
  • 4 T scallions, chopped

In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.

Combine lettuce and cabbage and divide between four plates. Set aside.

Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands.

Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat, when hot add oil. When oil is hot add the shrimp to hot pan and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes.

Remove from pan and combine with the sauce coating well.

Place shrimp on lettuce and top with scallions.

No comments: