Monday, July 13, 2020

Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken

I feel like I'm always looking for the BEST yogurt marinade for chicken. I've some good ones in the past and I've had some real bad ones. 

This one I put in the Good Ones category. I cut the recipe in half because it's just me and maybe one leftover. It was a really delicious recipe. I will be marking this one as a favorite.

Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken
Recipe from Bon Appetit
Photo from Bon Appetit
Serves 6

8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
2 c plain whole-milk yogurt
1 c coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
1/3 c olive oil plus more for brushing
6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 T fresh lime juice
1 T garam masala
2 tsp kosher salt plus more for seasoning
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 2'piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped

Working with one chicken breast at a time, put chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/2" thickness. Transfer chicken breasts to a resealable plastic bag.

Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.

Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil. Scrape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt. Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.

No comments: