Monday, July 6, 2020

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie

I'm not a fruit smoothie fan. I find them too sweet and if you don't watch it, you will add more calories than you think. 

Now talk to me about Chocolate and Peanut Butter anything, and I'm in. I'm horrible at eating breakfast these days. You'd think I'd be better since I'm home, but somehow I just skip it. And I know that's bad. 

I stumbled onto this smoothie recipe from WholeSumYum.com. I've never made one of her recipes and regretted it. 

Nutrition Details: Calories 435 cal, Protein 9g, Carbs 10g

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie

1/4 c Peanut butter (creamy)
3 T Cocoa powder
1 c Heavy cream (or coconut cream for dairy-free or vegan) JW: I'll try coconut cream in this at some point. 
1 1/2 c Unsweetened almond milk (regular or vanilla) JW: I used regular. 
6 T Powdered erythritol (to taste)
1/8 tsp Sea salt (optional) - JW Notes: I didn't do this, but think I will next time.

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Puree until smooth. Adjust sweetener to taste if desired.

No comments: