Sunday, February 2, 2020

Easy Slow Cooker Chili-Lime Mexican Shredded Beef

I love my slow cooker. I love the smell cooking in a slow cooker sends throughout the house. As whatever meat I'm cooking cooks, it spreads throughout the house...so delicious.

Today I put on this Easy Slow Cooker Chili-Lime Mexican Shredded Beef. My plan is to be able to reheat it over the week for dinners. I've found that I tend to get home and not want to cook. So heating up something like this is easy and hopefully I'll actually heat it up.

Easy Slow Cooker Chili-Lime Mexican Shredded Beef
Recipe from Thestayathomechef.com

1 (2 to 3 pound) beef chuck roast
Photo from TheStayAtHomeChef.com
4 c lemon-lime soda
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 limes, juiced

Place the chuck roast into the bottom of a 5 to 8 quart Slow Cooker.

Pour soda over chuck roast. Season with chili powder, salt, and garlic.

Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours until easily shredded with a fork.

Shred and pour lime juice over.

No comments: