Saturday, June 29, 2019

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps

My bestie and I used to go to PF Changs all the time because we lived so close to it. Their lettuce wraps changed my life. I'd often order them for dinner instead of an appetizer. Since I first discovered them I've been testing/tasting lettuce wraps looking for one that's the closest.

This one isn't it. This one is good, but no PF Changs.

I swapped out the protein for ground pork because that's what I had on hand. I actually think that was a mistake and what may have made this not GREAT. It is however, one of THE LOWEST carb recipes I've every made.

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Recipe from MyRecipes.com

Serves 4 as a meal, more as an appetizer
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Photo from MyRecipes.com
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce with garlic
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil or olive oil
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 3 onions)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts [I completely forgot to add these]
12 iceberg lettuce leaves

Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add onions, and sauté 3 minutes. Add lime juice mixture, cilantro, and mint; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts.

Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf, and roll up.

Calories 83
Fat 5.6g
Protein 7.2g
Carbohydrate 1.6g
Fiber 0.5g

No comments: