Sunday, September 9, 2018

Salami and Olive Bruschetta

Its Sunday Dinner again.  This month's theme was Soup & Salad. We had a small group here tonight and it was a perfect amount of guests for such a difficult theme. When I came up with the themes I hadn't really thought through what they meant. Oh well...it's all worked out.

Because of the small group, I was on appetizer and salad duty. I pulled from my list and found this fantastic appetizer. The salad will be in the next post.

Salami and Olive Bruschetta
Recipe from Cuisine at Home
Photo from AllRecipes...and swap the black olives for green

1/3 c shredded asiago cheese
1/4 c chopped green olives
1/4 c chopped salami
2 T pine nuts
black pepper to taste
8 round baguette slices
2 T extra virgin olive oil

Preheat broiler to high; place oven wrack 6" from broiler.

Toss together cheese, olives, salami, pine nuts and black pepper in a bowl.

Drizzle baguette rounds with oil. Top each round with salami mixture.

Heat bruschetta on a baking sheet under broiler until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes.

Jenn Note: So I didn't read this recipe all the way and assumed "bruschetta" had balsamic vinegar in it. I tossed in a dash or two (or three) of balsamic glaze (because I didn't actually have the vinegar). That was a mistake. It was too sweet. So then I had to toss in some champagne vinegar (apparently the only one I have instead of apple cider and that wouldn't have gone well. The vinegar balanced it out perfectly.  Though I'd recommend just stick to the recipe. Though I think I'd add garlic.

No comments: