Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mom's Macaroni Salad

The Niece asked me for my macaroni salad recipe today...and I have to admit, it's actually my Mom's recipe.  Well, "recipe" is loosely what it is. I have never written it down and am sure mom probably hasn't either.

So here it is Niece, but it's a taste and fix type of recipe.

Mom's Macaroni Salad

1 box elbow macaroni
1 can chopped black olives
1 small jar chopped pimientos, drained
4 green onions, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
a couple of spoon fulls of mayo

Cook your macaroni, drain it and rinse with cool water. I've found letting the mac dry allows the mayonnaise to stick to it better.

In a bowl, mix cooled/dried mac, olives, pimientos, onions and eggs. Add a couple of spoons of mayo, mix. The end result should be creamy, but not overly creamy.

Salt and pepper to taste. Put in the fridge overnight.

Before you serve, mix it and add some more mayo if necessary.

No comments: