Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices

I opted to bring an appetizer to this month's book club. In an endeavor to eat healthier, and knowing it would be good for all of us to eat healthier, I wanted to find something that was quick, simple yet delicious.

I think I've mentioned before that SkinnyTaste.com is one of my go to websites for healthy, delicious recipes.  She did not disappoint this time either.  I found this recipe based entirely on the photo and thought it fit the bill perfectly.

And let me tell you, this was delicious, refreshing, and oh so good. The general consensus was it's a keeper.

You can go here to find it on her site, but if you'd rather, I posted it below.

Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices
Photo courtesy of SkinnyTaste.com

Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com

3/4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled (weight after peeled)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tbsp red onion, chopped
2 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's)
1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
Goya Adobo (I used season salt instead. If you read her blog on this she mentions that season salt is just fine).
salt and fresh ground pepper
30 thin slices cucumber (about 1 large)
chopped chives for garnish

Combine shrimp, celery, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, and season to taste with adobo and pepper. Arrange cucumbers on a platter, season with salt and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad. Top with chopped chives for garnish.

No comments: