Thursday, February 27, 2014

Grilled Asian Chicken

This particular recipe is from my favorite recipe cookbooks, Cuisine at Home. Their recipes are simple and usually delicious. This one is no exception.

I followed the recipe, mostly. I've been trying to be better about staying with the recipe lately. This one I only added a second tablespoon of soy sauce to the sauce for the  noodles.  It was a bit too peanut-buttery for me (I know, hard to do).

I did chop up the chicken and put it in with the noodles though. Seemed the easiest way to eat the chicken to me.

Anyhow, make this recipe. You won't be disappointed.

Photo courtesy of Cuisine at Home
Grilled Asian Chicken
Recipe from Cuisine at Home
Serves 4

For the chicken marinade:
1 T soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp peanut oil
1/2 tsp salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine all the above, except chicken breasts. Put the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal it and let marinate for 15 minutes.

Preheat your grill while the chicken is marinating. Then grill the chicken until it's done.

8 oz spaghetti
1/2 c chicken broth (I use low sodium chicken broth)
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
2 T brown sugar
2 T rice vinegar
2 T lime juice
1 T soy sauce (this is where I used a second tablespoon)
1 T fresh ginger, minced
1 T garlic, minced
1 T chile garlic sauce
1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. While it's cooking mix together chicken broth through chili garlic sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in cilantro. Check flavor, it may need some salt.

Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat.

Top each chicken breast with pasta and garnish with peanuts.

No comments: