Sunday, June 23, 2013

Creamy Italian Salad Dressing - Low Calorie

I'm a big fan of ranch salad dressing. Unfortunately I am not a fan of the "fat-free" version of it. It just doesn't taste right to me. And so I've been searching for a salad dressing that might substitute for the creaminess of the ranch and not have all the calories.

Enter this creamy Italian dressing. Good, but not great. It has a WAY too mayonnaise - y flavor that makes it not taste like "dressing" but mayo.

I made a few adjustments and it's better, but I'm not convinced it'll get repeated ever. 

Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
83 calories per serving. The recipe doesn't say how much is a serving, but it says this recipe makes 6 servings.

1/2 c light mayo
3 T skim milk
1 T grated onion (I added about 2 T to help cut the mayo flavor)
1 T white wine vinegar (I added about 2 T for the mayo flavor issue)
1/8 tsp each sugar, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper (I did about 1/4 tsp of each accidentally. I thought it was the 1/8 tsp but it wasn't)

Whisk it all together. Put it in the fridge and voila.

No comments: