Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nutella Cookies

I'm a fan of Nutella. I mean, what's not to love?

Last week was Worldwide Nutella Day. And in the spirit of Nutella I cracked open a jar of it and took a spoonful. The best way to eat Nutella I might add.

After that I knew I had to do something else with the rest of the jar or I'd eventually eat the whole jar. So Nutella cookies came to mind.

I've made Nutella cookies before, but these were WAY better.  WAY better.


Photo courtesy of Cuisine at Home
Nutella Cookies
Recipe from Cuisine at Home

2 c flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c Nutella
1 teaspoon vanilla
finely chopped hazelnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. 

Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed, 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating to fully incorporate before adding the next. Add Nutella and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.

Chill dough for 4 hours or overnight. And try not to eat it.

Scoop dough with a #30 scoop (scant 3 T); roll in hazelnuts. Bake cookies, six at a time, until edges are set, about 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets.

No comments: