Saturday, January 12, 2013

Artichoke Dip with Fontina

I'm going through some old recipes that I've tried, but never posted to the blog.  I didn't do much posting last year as I was eating mostly Jenny Craig food. Still, I do Sunday dinners and many of the recipes I used then didn't get posted.  Here is one of those.

I don't have any notes on this recipe to remind me if I liked it or not. I'm guessing I did since I love Fontina cheese. I thinks its an under utilized cheese.

So if you're looking for a warm appetizer, this one is good.

Artichoke Dip with Fontina

Courtesy of Everyda Food
Recipe from Everyday Food
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium Onion, diced small
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 cans Whole artichoke hearts (14 oz ea), drained and coarsely chopped
1/3 c dry white wine
4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, at room temperature
2 1/4 c cubed Fontina Cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
8 pitas, each cut into 6 wedges

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add artichokes and wine; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. 

Remove skillet from heat and stir in Neufchatel until blended. Fold in 1 1/4 cups fontina and parsley. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup fontina. Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 minutes. 

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss pitas with 1 tablespoon oil; spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm dip with pita chips.

No comments: