Monday, April 16, 2012

Balsamic Green Beans

This past Sunday was the monthly Sunday dinner. I wasn't sure what I was going to make this month. The weather was going to be sunny, and warm - ish, and showing the start of spring in the Northwest.  I wanted to do something light.

I made the Open-Faced Chicken burgers with some minor adjustments. I happen to really like this open faced sandwich.  The mayo that is made for these burgers, at first I thought was odd, but turns out it adds a nice refreshing accompaniment to the chicken.  I swapped out ground chicken for chicken breasts. And with those breasts, I marinated them in homemade pesto.  Turned out to be a killer combination. I highly recommend it.

For the salad, I made a Caprese salad - what's not to love about that? And for the side dish I made Balsamic Green Beans.

I like green beans, kinda. I'm not a huge fan of them when they aren't cooked for a while. It's the one cooked green veggie that I don't like al dente. I like mine to be cooked...almost mushy really.  This recipe gives the beans a nice crunch, while not being overly crunchy or mushy.  The balsamic mixed with the high temp and long cooking time causes the outter edges to be caramelized.  It's so darn good.  I'll make this again.

The recipe is off the Tasty Kitchen Blog which is an off-shoot from Pioneer Woman.  Her global blog basically. Allowing people to post their own recipes.  Check it out.

No comments: