Sunday, March 25, 2012

Flat Apple Pie

There are some recipes that I really wish I had never made. This one was one of those recipes.  It was so easy...and soooo good. 

The rustic look and feel added to the glorious flavor - well I think any how.

I topped the pie with caramel sauce once it came out the oven. 

Here's a few things I "discovered":
1. don't make it early and then bake it. The apples release moisture and it becomes soupy.  When I put it in the oven the liquid cooked down and became caramelized. Delicious, but a pain to clean.

2. I used store bough pie crust.  I'm a horrible baker when it comes to bready type things, so I cheated. And you know what, it was just fine.

If you do nothing else for yourself and the one's you love, make this recipe.   Its a Pioneer Woman recipe and as with most of her recipes, it's fool proof.

No comments: