Monday, October 10, 2011

Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail

I love trying new cocktails...at home. I hate paying the prices of cocktails out in a bar so when a party opportunity comes up where I can try a new cocktail, I will.

Being the Annual Pumpkin Carving last night, coupled with the Sunday dinner, I opted to try something that had a more ghoulish look to it.

This is their photo of the cocktail.


This is my version. My glass is way cooler - and I have no idea what that line is going across the top. I'll have to fix that later.

The only modification I made to this was the sugar rim.  I couldn't find the brown sugar rimmer he suggested, and testing it with real brown sugar didn't work so well. So I went with a yellow sugar rimmer. Pretty, don't cha think?

Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail
  • 1 1/2 ounces citrus flavored vodka, or vodka
  • 1/2 ounce triple sec
  • 3 ounces red grapefruit juice blend
  • 2 teaspoons creme de cassis or raspberry liqueur
  • Coarse brown sugar crystals, optional garnish to coat rims of the glasses
  • Candied orange slices, optional garnish - JW Note: I didn't have candied orange slices either. I used just regular old oranges.
If desired, wet the rim of a tall martini glass, then dip in the coarse brown sugar crystals. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, triple sec, and juice with crushed ice. Shake well for 30 seconds, then strain into the prepared martini glass. Gently add the creme de cassis, allowing to fall to the bottom of the glass. Garnish with a candied orange slice, if desired, and serve.

JW Note: Turns out Creme de Cassis is a blueberry flavored.  It made the drink in my opinion.


No comments: