Friday, December 25, 2009

Nutella Fudge

Its hard to believe that for the entire month's of October and November I didn't cook. I'm sure I did, I just don't recall trying any new recipes. November I had to have a surgery and so couldn't really do anything. And then post surgery had no appetite - so why cook. But I assure you the new year will ring in the desire to cook and eat again.

The during the Thanksgiving season I did have a craving for Nutella fudge. So I pulled out the recipe and the pot and got down to business.

The only side note on this recipe, do not use semi-sweet chips. That chocolate is too strong and over powers the Nutella.


Nutella Fudge
  • 1 bag Milk Chocolate chips
  • 1 can Sweet condensed milk (14oz)
  • 1 dash salt
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
Butter an 8" square pan. In a 1 quart glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips, Nutella, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.

Microwave (HIGH) mixture for 3 minutes, taking it out halfway through and stirring well and returning it for the remaining time. I needed the whole 3 minutes. (Side Note: I'm not a big fan of microwaving chocolate. I always burn it. I used a double boiler instead and it worked just fin.)Carefully remove hot bowl and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours. It sets up almost immediately.


After it's been chilled, score and cut fudge into bite size pieces. Enjoy!

No comments: