Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chorizo-Tomato Stew

I am not, normally, a left over girl. I tend to not like left overs, but I know that being single and a cook, I will have left overs. So I've tried many'a recipes that will, in my opinion, give me the best left overs, thus reducing my lunch out bill.

And I think I have found one such recipe. It's a Rachael Ray / modified for Jenn recipe. It was one of those nights when I hadn't decided what to do for dinner. Was watching 30 minute meals and thought, "I have that. I have that. And I have that ingredient." Done.

Here's a link to Rachael's true recipe.

Here's my version.

Chorizo-Tomato Stew
Courtesy of Rachael Ray
Serves 4
  • 2 T extra-virgin olive oil,
  • 2 turns of the pan plus some for drizzling
  • 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
  • 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 ribs celery, chopped (I didn't have celery so I didn't add it...)
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 6 medium size red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced Salt and pepper
  • 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes (didn't have fire roasted so used regular)
  • 2 c chicken broth

Preheat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Add the chopped garlic, onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, salt and pepper, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and bring up to a bubble, turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.

No comments: