If you have Instagram, chances are you’ve seen these all over your feed lately. This recipe has officially entered the “everyone is making this” category. Most versions seem to have the same basic ingredients, although there are plenty of variations. Some have you making Caesar dressing from scratch (umm…why?) and others simplify the chicken mixture by leaving out a few ingredients.
What caught my attention was what actually went into the chicken. So naturally, I had to give it a try.
For once, I actually read the entire recipe before I started. I know. Look at me being all responsible. I also prepped everything ahead of time and put the ingredients into little bowls, which made the cooking process ridiculously easy. Just grab, toss, and go.
I think there are two things that really make these burgers work: the shredded onion and the shredded butter. The shredded onion gives you plenty of onion flavor without getting a giant chunk of onion in a bite. And the butter? That's the magic. It keeps the chicken incredibly moist and adds a ton of flavor.
The recipe called for buttering the griddle, but I skipped that. There was already plenty of butter hiding inside the patties, and I figured we were good. Do what feels right to you.
I don’t have a Blackstone griddle, which is what the original recipe recommends. I do, however, have a cast-iron griddle that I’ve been wanting to try on my grill forever. This seemed like the perfect opportunity, and it worked beautifully. Mine is a little smaller than a traditional griddle, so I had to cook the burgers in batches. Was it slightly more work? Sure. Was it a big deal? Not even remotely.
For cheese, I went with shaved Parmesan. Provolone just seemed…wrong to me with Caesar flavors. But hey, this is your burger. Follow your heart.
I also ignored the instructions to grill the tortilla. Instead, I warmed mine in the microwave and called it good. It worked perfectly fine for me, and I'm not looking to make more work for myself than necessary.
I would absolutely make these again. They’re a little more involved than my typical recipes, mostly because I was making multiple batches on the grill and running back and forth between the kitchen and patio. But honestly, it wasn’t that bad.
One word of warning: watch how much salad you put on that tortilla. We all know how this goes. You make tacos or wraps and suddenly you’re convinced the tortilla has the structural integrity of a burrito bowl. You pile on the filling, fold it over, and then wonder why everything is falling out the sides.
Yep. That happened here, too.
But messy or not, it was delicious. And sometimes that's a perfectly acceptable price to pay for a really good dinner.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup white onion, shredded & moisture squeezed out
- 2-3 tablespoons cold butter, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup caesar dressing, more for serving
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 street taco tortillas
- 6 provolone cheese slices
- 1/2 cup croutons, crushed

No comments:
Post a Comment