Sunday, October 25, 2020

Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Rice

 Its cold here in the Pacific Northwest. Perfect day for some comfort food. So out comes the slow cooker. I've had this recipe on my list a couple of times and for whatever reason never made it. 

So easy to put together. I made some small modifications. Shocking! I didn't use beef bouillon cubes. I had the Better Than Bouillon Beef flavor in my fridge so I used that. I added a touch of salt too since it's less salty than bouillons. And I COMPLETELY forgot the onion, so there's that. 


Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Rice
Sixsistersstuff.com

  • Photo from Sixsistersstuff.com
    2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
  • 1 1/4 c water
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 onion (chopped)
  • 2 (.87 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
  • 3 c cooked rice

Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Turn onto Low setting.

Place stew meat in the bottom of the slow cooker.

In a microwave safe bowl add the water and 2 beef bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil in the microwave and then stir until cubes are dissolved.

Then add in the soup, chopped onion, and gravy mix packets.

Stir until combined and pour over the beef in the slow cooker.

Gently stir until all the meat is covered.

Cover with lid and cook on low setting for 6 hours.

If you like the gravy a little thicker at the end of the cooking time, add in 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch.


Serve over cooked rice.

No comments: