Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hello Dollies

I have very fond memories of cooking with my mom. Every holiday season we had a list of sweets we'd make. Some turned out, some didn't.  We had a heck of a time ever getting peanut butter fudge to turn out in the Great Northwest...too wet apparently.

One treat we'd make that always turned out was Hello Dollies. Simple and delicious, this has become my favorite holiday treat. I hope they become part of yours.

This year I changed it up a bit and instead of making a 9X13, I made individual Hello Dollies in a mini muffin tin. The up side is they are individual servings. The down side is they are bite size.

Sorry about the photo, it's from the iPhone.

Photo by Jenn Wraspir
Hello Dollies
Makes: a lot. In a 9X13 probably makes 24 servings.

  • 2 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 c melted butter (I use about 3/4 c melted butter with the mini's. I found the crust stayed together better.)
  • 1 package chocolate chips
  • 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1/2 c chopped nuts (DOH - I forgot the nuts)
  • 1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350F.
Melt butter and mix it with the graham crackers. Press the graham crackers into a greased 9X13 inch pan.  Top with chocolate chips, then nuts, then coconut.  Pour over the condensed milk, covering every inch of the pan.  Bake for 25 minutes or until the coconut gets golden.

No comments: