Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pappardelle with Creamy Chicken Sauce

I closed out the week with a pasta dish that I was sure would be delicious just based on the photo.  The Pantry Goat came over to help me "taste" this dish and taste it we did.

The overall recipe is boring and didn't seem overly flavorful to me after I read the recipe.  So, I did what I do best and added my 10cents to the dish. At the end of the day it displayed a surprisingly similar appearance and flavor to my other favorite chicken and pasta dish - which it turns out doesn't seem to be on the blog.  That can't be right. I'm gonna keep searching...I know its on here.

Anyhow, I added a few items to this dish and made it way better. You be the judge.

Photo courtesy by Everyday Food
Pappardelle with Creamy Chicken Sauce
Recipe from Every Day Food
Serves 6

  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 7 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced medium
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 c heavy cream
  • 1 pound pappardelle

Cook chicken with oil after seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes. Add onion and cook 6 min. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook about 15 minutes until it coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.

Boil pappardelle. Reserve 1 cup cooking water. Add to sauce and toss pasta with sauce.

Jenn's additions:

5 sliced mushrooms
1/2 c Parmesan cheese

So after I cooked off the onions, I pulled them out of the skillet and sauteed the mushrooms.  I added it all back in, followed the rest of the recipe. When it was done and ready, I tossed in a palm full or so of Parmesan cheese. 

No comments: