Monday, July 12, 2010

Chicken Fettuccine with Pesto Cream Sauce

Its been a while since I've posted any recipes. Sadly its been because I haven't been cooking. But alas, I'm finally getting back into some sort of routine now that a job has been found.

Tonight I wanted to use up some homemade pesto I had the fridge. I'm not sure how long pesto will last, but I figured it would be good to go ahead and use it up before I forget and then feel bad when it's gone bad.

I also had some chicken that needed to be used. And so I put them altogether. This recipe can be added to or deleted to depending on how many you're cooking for. I've adjusted it to serve 4 since I think most people cook for around that number.


Chicken Fettuccine with Pesto Cream Sauce
Serves: 4

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 pound fettuccine
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/2 cup Basil Pesto
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream

How you cook the chicken is entirely up to you. I chose to cut it into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet; cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.

Be sure to get your water on for cooking your pasta. I used fettuccine tonight, but I'm sure you could use any pasta you have on hand. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot.

When the chicken is done, deglaze the pan with the wine. Allow that to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the pesto, stir to combine. Add the cream. Stir and be sure your heat is on medium-high (a slow simmer so you don't burn the cream).

If you're sauce isn't too saucy, add pasta water to it. Toss pasta the sauce.

No comments: