Saturday, March 14, 2009

French's Crunchy Onion Chicken

I don't know about you, but I am constantly trying to find something to do with chicken that's somewhat innovative, tastes good and easy. I love crunchy. Give me something deep fried and crunchy and I'll give you a glutton. This recipe fulfilled two of my needs with chicken - crunchy and easy. I am willing to bet that this would also be good with pork.
 
French's Crunchy Onion Chicken
Serves 4

  • 2 cups French's Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions (I used the cheddar for my first go around with this recipe)
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 egg, beaten

Place French Fried Onions into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.

Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional crumbs, if desired.

Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.

No comments: