Monday, April 30, 2007

Better than A-1 Marinade

Once in awhile a recipe comes along and WOWs me. Tonight was one of those nights. I found this recipe in Cooks Illustrated. And let me tell you...Its tasty!

Better Than A-1 Marinade
I used beef, but I can already imagine this on chicken or pork.
  • 1/2 c soy sauce
  • 1/3 c vegetable Oil
  • 2 T dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 T minced chives
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar


Combine soy, oil, sugar, Worcestershire, garlic, chives and pepper in medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup marinade and combine with vinegar in small bowl; set aside.

Place remaining marinade and steaks in zip loc bag; press out the air. Refrigerate 1 hour; flipping the bag after 30 minutes.

Remove steaks from marinade. Grill steaks as desired.

Transfer steaks to shallow pan and pour reserved marinade over top. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes, turning meat half way through. Slice steak and serve whole; passing reserved marinade if desired.

And in other news, my SLSIL sent me a loaf pan that is supposed to be fool proof in baking banana bread...everyone knows my issue with banana bread right? Well, this girl has no more issues. I made banana bread tonight and it kicked ass. Thanks Bev!

No comments: